Sunday, January 16, 2011

Birthdays and Snow Days

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great holiday. We had such a wonderful Christmas, complete with snow the day after. I was also given a plethora of cupcake supplies, so that means I guess I will just have to bake!


Birthdays, Part I

January is an extremely busy birthday month for me, in all there are 9 friends and family members with birthdays this month! My best friend Keri's birthday was this past Friday, so of course I had to make her cupcakes. I had mascarpone cheese in the fridge that I had used for a Giada receipe the night before, and a new cookbook I got for Christmas had a receipe that called for it in the frosting.

This cupcake had interesting ingredients that also involved a trip to Whole Foods for creme fraiche. The result was a lemony light cupcake topped with an almond laced mascarpone buttercream. Yum!

Almond Marscapone 3

Almond Marscapone 5

Almond Marscapone 6


Snow Day

On Wednesday, Rhode Island was hit with a major snow storm, and there was no way I was even getting my car out of the driveway. We measured 19" in the yard here. Jeff and I took a walk through the woods, and he took a few beautiful photos. Don't forget to check them out on his blog!

So seeing that we burned so many calories on our walk, and we couldn't drive anywhere, why not make  cupcakes! These were nothing too fancy, a chocolate cupcake with vanilla buttercream, but of course they were tasty!


Snow Day (2)

Snow Day (3)

Snow Day (1)

Stay tuned as the birthdays continue this month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment