Monday, November 1, 2010

Cupcakes for Breakfast?

Why not?? I used my grandmother's top secret (sorry Aunt Krissy) banana bread recipe and poured it into cups. Easy. But my favorite part of the cupcake is the frosting. So I looked in the cupboard...basic buttercream...too expected and too sweet. Peanut butter? Maybe. But as I pushed away the Skippy, staring back at me (insert a beam of light and the angel "ahhh" noise here), was the Nutella.

Half a package of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the silky chocolaty heaven that is Nutella, a couple cups of powdered sugar, splash of cream and ta-dah! Cupcakes for breakfast! Mission accomplished.



Banana Bread with Nutella Frosting 1

Sorry but you won't find the recipe for the banana bread here, posted for the world to see. But, if you are really nice to me and buy me a nice Christmas present, maybe, just maybe I will send it to you. Please be prepared to sign a 9 page secrecy contract.

On a side note, I ordered a few things from this adorable website, Bake It Pretty. When I opened the box at work today, I was so suprised. Now, a disclaimer, I am a complete sucker for packaging. Look at how they shipped it! So simple and so cute!

Bake it Pretty

For the sake of my waistline, and Jeff's, I am trying to stay out of the kitchen this week. But, I am donating cupcakes to the OLQM bazaar on 11/13, so expect lots of yummy stuff in a of couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment